Fish and Chips Philips Airfryer
Fish and Chips is a very famous takeaway English dish. It is normally a deep fried battered fish served with French fries. This time I thought why don’t we make an Indianised version of it and as well as to eat it without having the guilty of ingesting a lot of oil into our diet. Hence I came up with an idea of making it in my Airfryer by which we can prepare the dish with around 80% less oil.
- 250 gm Fish cut into 1” cubes
- 2 nos Potato finely sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon Refined flour
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- 2 tablespoon Water
- Bamboo skewers
- To a mixing bowl add the ingredients garlic, coriander leaves, chilly powder, pepper powder, soya sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, refined flour, corn flour and water and make it into a fine batter.
- If you are not adding the fish sauce check for the seasoning and adjust the salt as required.
- Add the fish cut into cubes in to the batter and coat it well with the batter.
- Take out the fish pieces to a separate bowl.
- To the remaining batter add the potato that are cut into very thin slices and coat it well with the batter.
- Now take a potato slice and keep a fish cube in between and fasten it onto the bamboo skewers.
- Line the Philips airfryer basket with aluminum foil.
- Keep the skewered fish and potatoes into the basket and keep it inside the airfryer.
- Set the temperature to 200°C and the timer for 5 min and fry it.
- After 5 min take out the basket and turn the skewers and fry it again for 5 min at 200°C.
- Again take the basket out after 5 min and baste it with some olive oil and fry it for 3 min at 200°C.
- The yummy and healthy Fish and Chips is ready to serve. Transfer it to a serving dish and serve it hot with tomato ketchup.