Eggs Poached in Thai sauce
The recipe of this dish was created in Shaju’s Kitchen, which was inspired by Shakshouka a dish which is of Tunisian and Moroccan origin. The original dish is eggs poached in the sauce of tomatoes, capsicum and onion which is often spiced with cumin. Here the eggs are poached in Thai sauces with broccoli, mushrooms, capsicum and onions. The flavor of the Thai sauces is awesome and it enhances the taste of the entire dish and tastes entirely different from the original one.
- 2 nos Eggs
- 1 no Onion (Small sized finely chopped)
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Capsicum
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- To a hot frying pan add oil and to it add the garlic paste and saute well.
- Add the finely chopped onions and saute till they become translucent.
- To it add the sauces such as oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and vinegar.
- When it starts to simmer add all the vegetables broccoli, mushrooms, and capsicum.
- Add water and let the veggies cook on high flame for few minutes by stirring in between.
- When the sauce reduces, and becomes thick make a hole by moving the veggies apart and pour one egg into the hole.
- Repeat the same process for the next egg also.
- Cover and cook the eggs for 4-5 minutes or the eggs are completely set and becomes nice and hard.
- If you want the yolks to be runny cook for just 2-3 minutes. (Optional)
- Transfer it to a serving dish and serve hot with white rice or Thai sticky rice or any kind of bread.