Thai Chicken Stir Fry/Pad Gai/ผัดไก่
Thai cuisine is one of my favorite style of cooking. Basically it is on the spicier side and it uses a lot of Thai bird chilies that are very spicy.
This Thai Chicken Stir-fry recipe which is called Pad Gai in Thailand is created in Shaju’s Kitchen. I’ve tried a variety of Thai cooking styles and this recipe was inspired by one of the other Thai recipes and was developed keeping Thai sauces as a base. This recipe is so versatile that you can throw in any kind of vegetables such as broccoli, mushrooms or any vegetables of your choice and even macaroni or noodles and change it into a dish of your choice. I’ll be showing you some of the varieties in the coming weeks. I’m sure that you’ll enjoy this dish.
- 250 gm Chicken breast (Cut into bit size pieces)
- 1/4 diced Green capsicum
- 1/4 diced Red capsicum
- Few springs Spring onions (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 nos Green chilly
- 1 no (medium sized finely chopped) Onion
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- Crush the cloves and green chilly in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat a pan/wok/kadai and add oil. To the hot oil add the crushed garlic and green chilly.
- Sauté well and add the chicken pieces and sauté well on high flame till the water oozes out.
- Simmer the flame and cook the chicken for 3 – 4 min.
- Increase the flame and dry out the water it’ll take around 1 – 2 min.
- Add finely chopped onions and the lower part of the spring onions.
- Sauté well for around 1 – 2 min, till the onions become translucent.
- Add the sauces now, Oyster sauce, Soya sauce, Fish sauce and vinegar 1 tablespoon each and mix well.
- Add half of the spring onions and sauté for 1 min.
- After 1 min add the green and red capsicums and mix well.
- Cover with lid and cook them for 4 min stirring in between.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder, mix well and switch off the flame immediately.
- Garnish with the remaining spring onions and serve hot.