Macaroni Thai style/Thai Pasta
Another recipe from Shaju’s Kitchen which is being developed in-house. Thai Macaroni is a variation of the Thai chicken stir fry/Pad Gai. This is nothing but the Pad gai with some more veggies and some macaroni which is the main ingredient. This can be served as a main dish for the breakfast or as a evening snack. Kids would love to have this with some reduced pepper at last.
- 250 gms Chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 ½ cups Macaroni
- 4 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 no’s Green chilly
- 1 no. Onion
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1 cup (Frozen)Broccoli
- 1 cup (Frozen) Mixed Vegetables
- 1 no. sliced Capsicum
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- To cook the macaroni, in a pressure cooker add water and salt and bring it boil and add the macaroni.
- Put the pressure cooker lid on without the weight and cook the macaroni on low flame for 15min and drain in a colander and keep aside.
- To a hot pan add oil and add crushed garlic and green chillies.
- Sauté well and add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cook the chicken on high flame. The chicken will ooze out water, enough to cook itself.
- Add finely chopped onions and sauté well.
- Now add vinegar, fish sauce, soya sauce and oyster sauce and mix well.
- Add broccoli and mixed vegetables and cook them in the sauce for 5min.
- When sauce thickens stir in the capsicum and add the cooked and drained macaroni.
- Mix well till the macaroni and the sauces are combined together.
- Add pepper powder and mix well and switch off the flame.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
NB: You can also use fresh broccoli and veggies but you should boil them before adding to the sauces.