Tiramisu is an Italian semi frozen dessert which contains a short list of ingredients.Most accounts of the origin of tiramisu date its invention to the 1960s in the region of Veneto, Italy, at the restaurant "Le Beccherie" in Treviso.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1286
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 146g
Saturated Fat 90g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 43g
Total Carbohydrates 262g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Eggs 3nos
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Refined flour 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Vinegar 1/4 teaspoon
- Mascaporne cheese 200gm
- Whipping cream 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Instant Coffee powder 1 teaspoon
- Water 1.5 cups
- Cocoa powder 1 tablespoon
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring it to boil and keep aside.
- Sift the flour and the baking soda together and set aside.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Transfer the egg whites to the whipping bowl and start beating it till it becomes frothy.
- Add vinegar and continue whipping until it reaches the soft peaks.
- Start adding the sugar little by little and continue beating the eggs until it reaches stiff peaks and becomes glossy.
- Now bring down the speed and add egg yolks and mix until just combined.
- Now add the sifted flour in three sections to the beaten eggs and fold them gently.
- Transfer the batter to the 8 inch cake pan lined with baking paper and bake it at 190°c for 25-30 min.
- Remove from the cake pan after 5 min and let it cool down on a wire rack.
- To a mixing bowl add the mascaporne cheese, sugar and whipping cream and mix together and refrigerate it.
- Take it out after 30 min and whip it until it reaches stiff peaks and be careful not to over beat it.
Setting the Tiramisu
- Cut the cake into three layers and place one layer in the 8 inch spring form cake pan.
- Brush it with the coffee syrup.
- Divide the filling into three equal portions and spread one portion over the cake evenly.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cake and two portions of the cream.
- Finish it off by dusting cocoa powder over the cream and refrigerate it.
- Let it sit in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hrs.
- Once it is set, take out from the fridge and remove from the cake pan, now the mouth watering Tiramisu cake is ready to serve.